1. To foster the creation of housing that:
i. Provides access to open space
ii. Is energy efficient
iii. Promotes innovative design and smart growth
iv. Furthers the Devens Re-Use Plan and By-Laws
(b) Applicability: Applicants for approval of projects located on less than twenty-five (25) acres of land in the Residential II zone may develop in accordance with these Innovative Development Residential II Zone regulations so long as they demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Commission, that the project complies with all of the General Requirements set forth below.
(c) General Requirements
1. All of the requirements of the Devens By-Laws and Development Rules and Regulations except the minimum lot frontage requirement set forth in Article IX.F. of the By-Laws.
2. Minimum lot frontage of fifty (50) feet.
3. A compliance report which includes a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) index rating of sixty (60) or less, a description of the building's energy features, and a statement that the rating score is "based on plans", shall be submitted , prior to issuance of a building permit.
4. Compliance with the requirements of the Energy Star Qualified Homes Thermal Bypass Inspection Checklist, as demonstrated by submission of a completed copy of the Checklist endorsed by a RESNET certified HERS rater (and the builder if required), prior to obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy.
5. Final verification of the HERS index rating of sixty (60) or less verified by a RESNET certified HERS rater prior to the issuance of a certificate of occupancy.